How to smoke a brisket flat only?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mitthew

Original poster
Jul 21, 2023
As I'm mostly cooking for 3 people this works out better doing a 2.5-3 pound flat. And I prefer the flat cut. The first two I tried came out dry, I just got some wagyu tallow yesterday for when I wrap. Any suggestions? I cooked at 250 on offset smoker until the bark was good then wrapped, used water pan. Pulled off at 185 internal first time (I know too early) and 200 last time. Never was probe tender but I was aiming to not overcook. Never was jellowy or probed like butter

Try this, many have & it works.
Hope this helps!
Al

I do smallish flats. I take them to 150/160, then into a covered foil pan with some liquid (beer works well for me), than continue cooking until probe tender.

Try this, many have & it works.
Hope this helps!
Al
This!!! It works great!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky