How to sell large lang style smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nick Spicer

Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
I have a large Lang style smoker I am going to sell and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on where the best place to list or sell one is?

Pictures coming soon!

thanks

Hi Nick,

There are many ways to list/sell it. The first place I’d list it is right here at SMF. There’s a Classified ad subforum here where members post bbq related for-sale items all the time. And if you’re a member of any other bbq related forums, chances are they have “for sale” sections too. Lots of folks who are looking to buy a used smoker will check these listings first.

And of course there’s always Craigslist. Opinions vary, but I’ve always had pretty good luck selling bbq gear on CL.

For best results with forums and CL listings, take a few good pics of the smoker and post those with your listing...and give specific information about your smoker (size, age, who built it, whether your asking price is negotiable, your location, whether you’re willing to ship it to other parts of the country, etc.).

And then, depending on where you live, there could be some locally specific seller options...like local auctions, local newspaper classifieds, consignment shops, flea markets, etc.

Good luck!

Red

I have a large Lang style smoker I am going to sell and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on where the best place to list or sell one is?

Pictures coming soon!

thanks

Well, you can start by listing your Lang on this forum. There's a "for Sale" sub-forum.

Provide as much detail about the smoker as you can, age, usage,condition, any damage, etc. Also, post pictures - more is better.

Most importantly, state your asking price and your location and if you would be willing to deliver within a reasonable distance.

Gimme some details on size and price.
Its a 108 with an oversized thicker fire box and optional bigger legs. Its a staitonary smoker but im sure could be on a trailer pretty easily. Its a year and a half old. I wasnt sure what to start the price at? I was thinking around 6500 to start. Ill have the pictures pretty soon. You can text me at+18502329581

Yes it is still available, I have it listed in the classified forum. I can also text some more pictures if you want to see something particular. 850-232-9581

Thanks indaswamp! I was going to put the link in there like that but I couldn't figure out how lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky