How to mount a meat thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

david4king

Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
Denver CO
My smoker came with a crappy thermometer, it want to swap it out. The hole they drilled to put it in is 2 inches. How do I replace this? All the replacement I find have a much smaller hole. I tried putting a washer on the back but it does not close the gaps. The washer is flat and the smoker is round. How do I replace my thermometer? Any tips? It is a charbroil double chief. The one in my profile pic.
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

Look in the hardware store. In the dept, where they sell pipe nipples and the like. You should find a flange that has a pipe thread with 4 smaller countersunk holes arranged 90 deg. for mounting.

electrical dept also, they have pipe thread reducers for electrical boxes that are thinner than plumbing ones

Drill a new hole or bend the washer with a hammer or something.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky