• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How to know you're actually getting a tri-tip?

bpinmi

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 13, 2014
Never cooked a tri-tip and looking to give it a try this weekend. I always hear stories abut people getting things passed off as tri-tips from the butcher that really aren't a tri-tip. How can I tell I am getting the true tri-tip when I order it?

Thanks!

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
0857B1EA-A7F6-43EA-9DB9-3F73F25E4EA5.jpeg

F4AB8B19-1E1B-4C41-A3C1-1265BA58276E.jpeg

33EDCD6D-30BE-4E67-8AA4-70EA1DFBE7BF.jpeg

they have this general shape. And come either peeled or not peeled as shown In the vac sealed pack. I like the un peeled for Santa Maria grilling but That is my preference. The ones seasoned in the pan were prime pealed Tri tips. Seasoned with oakridge carne Crosta
at my sons request. I prefer salt a little pepper and sometimes garlic. Good luck and hope you find what you are after.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
We never had tri tip around here and now I think I know why... flatbroke flatbroke looks like he has them all! :emoji_laughing: finally seen them last week but not at $ 10 lb

Ryan

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I used to wait till the untrimmed were $2.99lb and load up. Haven't had a tri since we moved to AZ a year ago. RAY

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.