How to know you're actually getting a tri-tip?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bpinmi

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
New Baltimore, MI
Never cooked a tri-tip and looking to give it a try this weekend. I always hear stories abut people getting things passed off as tri-tips from the butcher that really aren't a tri-tip. How can I tell I am getting the true tri-tip when I order it?

Thanks!

0857B1EA-A7F6-43EA-9DB9-3F73F25E4EA5.jpeg

F4AB8B19-1E1B-4C41-A3C1-1265BA58276E.jpeg

33EDCD6D-30BE-4E67-8AA4-70EA1DFBE7BF.jpeg

they have this general shape. And come either peeled or not peeled as shown In the vac sealed pack. I like the un peeled for Santa Maria grilling but That is my preference. The ones seasoned in the pan were prime pealed Tri tips. Seasoned with oakridge carne Crosta
at my sons request. I prefer salt a little pepper and sometimes garlic. Good luck and hope you find what you are after.

We never had tri tip around here and now I think I know why... flatbroke flatbroke looks like he has them all! :emoji_laughing: finally seen them last week but not at $ 10 lb

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: flatbroke
I used to wait till the untrimmed were $2.99lb and load up. Haven't had a tri since we moved to AZ a year ago. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky