How to keep baby backs fresh

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

undy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 30, 2017
New York
I am having a party next weekend, 11/23 but wanted to smoke my baby backs this weekend. is it best to freeze and reheat or can i keep wrapped in my fridge?

they may keep in the fridge but personally for that length of time I think I would freeze them

7 days in the refer is a stretch, even for smoked ribs. I would Rub, Smoke and Cook them to an IT of 195 to 200°F, Tender but not quite FOTB. Do Not add Sauce. Wrap tightly and Freeze them. Thaw in the refer, starting Thursday morning. When ready, reheat on a Grill, medium heat, and sauce them. Turn frequently, until hot and caramelized...JJ

I am having a party next weekend, 11/23 but wanted to smoke my baby backs this weekend. is it best to freeze and reheat or can i keep wrapped in my fridge?
Vac seal and freeze. Then reheat in warmish water 150-ish sous vide style and crisp on the grill

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky