• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How to keep baby backs fresh

undy

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 30, 2017
I am having a party next weekend, 11/23 but wanted to smoke my baby backs this weekend. is it best to freeze and reheat or can i keep wrapped in my fridge?

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
they may keep in the fridge but personally for that length of time I think I would freeze them

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
7 days in the refer is a stretch, even for smoked ribs. I would Rub, Smoke and Cook them to an IT of 195 to 200°F, Tender but not quite FOTB. Do Not add Sauce. Wrap tightly and Freeze them. Thaw in the refer, starting Thursday morning. When ready, reheat on a Grill, medium heat, and sauce them. Turn frequently, until hot and caramelized...JJ

Fueling Around

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Yes freeze for a few days then start the gentle defrost.
You can reheat as Jimmy posted if 1 or 2 racks.

How many racks of ribs are you planning?

S-met

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 1, 2019
I am having a party next weekend, 11/23 but wanted to smoke my baby backs this weekend. is it best to freeze and reheat or can i keep wrapped in my fridge?
Vac seal and freeze. Then reheat in warmish water 150-ish sous vide style and crisp on the grill

undy

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 30, 2017
Will be having my ribs tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks