How much food to make???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

orthodoc

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 5, 2017
I probably know the answer, but would love some confirmation.
I am having 15 decent size guys over for a feast.
I have 2 14lb briskets, and 2 7lb pork bellys (for burnt ends).

Is this enough meat???

Any suggestions for sides? My wife told me I need something green, so I got key lime pies. But what to serve with the meat?

Reactions: forktender
Key Lime Pie solution to something green is brilliant LOL I say some baked beans and macaroni salad would top that meal off just fine.

I'd go with at least one starch and one vegetable, plus another if you wish. Leftovers mean you don't have to cook after all that work!

Starch: Mac'n'cheese, potato salad, Hashbrown casserole, baked potatoes with fixins to pick from, nacho cheese with pickled jalapenos and tortilla chips...
Vegetable: coleslaw, corn on the cob is easy and good on the grill,

Coleslaw is always good with any meat IMO..with that, sounds like you just need some good buns and some baked beans.

Meatwise, I think you will infact, have left overs .. Lol

Holy cow, those guys must be some big eaters!
That is enough to feed an Army!
I think you will have some leftovers, but that's OK.
Either send them home with doggie bags, or freeze the leftovers & save them for a later date.
Both brisket & PP reheat really well.
Al

Hmmm, Big Guys!?!?(I know a little about that)----OK That amount of meat sounds OK. Add some Taters---Any Kind, and save the Greens for the Little guys & the Ladies.

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
That does sound like a whole lot of food, but then again depending on age that could be considered appetizers. If you live in the country you may want to have your septic pumped prior to the party and stock on soap and TP. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
Well, we polished off one and a half briskets and 3/4 of the burnt ends, along with Cole slaw potato salad and the greens (key lime pie). And the brisket was perfect !

Attachments

• 4D1CC298-EFA8-41CE-B73F-C5BAB3274140.jpeg
    4D1CC298-EFA8-41CE-B73F-C5BAB3274140.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 13
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky