• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How much do you normally spend on a Fattie?

cheapchalee

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 25, 2007
Guys and Gals,

How much do you normally spend when making a fattie?  I know it varies on the type of sausage or other meat.  Then you have the Bacon (I use 2 pack normally) then other ingredients.  I figured around 15-25 USD.

Anybody?

Chalee

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Gosh that seems like an awful lot of money for 1 fattie.

I use my own sausage, hot dogs, & bacon.

Not sure how much that costs.

So all I buy is some cheese & jalapenos.

I doubt if it costs $10 for everything.

Al 

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
Well this one nearly put me in the poorhouse.

sauced

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 9, 2015
Hmmm....depends on the cost of the meat you want plus what you fill it with. Like Al said, no more than $10.

cheapchalee

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 25, 2007
The cost of bacon is  1220 140 baht kilo or ~$4.20 kilo.  Crappy ground sausage is about the same, it's hard to find a store that will grind meat unless you buy 10 kilo's..  It's almost impossible to get "bone in" ham, butt, or anything over here.  Although pork and chicken are the 2 most stable meats over here.  "Good" Beef is hard to find.

Chalee

cheapchalee

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 25, 2007

Al 
Al, I reran the numbers and the one I just made was about 14USD, not counting time and running around.  The reason I ask is that I resell these and other smoked meats.  Even though you use your own meats there still is a cost involved.

Chalee

Chalee

Hmmm....depends on the cost of the meat you want plus what you fill it with. Like Al said, no more than $10.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011

The cost of bacon is  1220 140 baht kilo or ~$4.20 kilo.  Crappy ground sausage is about the same, it's hard to find a store that will grind meat unless you buy 10 kilo's..  It's almost impossible to get "bone in" ham, butt, or anything over here.  Although pork and chicken are the 2 most stable meats over here.  "Good" Beef is hard to find.

Chalee
$4.20 /Kg, ~$2.10 a Pound,  for Bacon would be a Great Price in the states! No Name store brand Bacon and Sausage averages $3+, On Sale at the national chains. How big and what did you put in a $14USD Fattie?...JJ

Last edited:

cheapchalee

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 25, 2007

Al 
Al, I reran the numbers and the one I just made was about 14USD, not counting time and running around.  The reason I ask is that I resell these and other smoked meats.  Even though you use your own meats there still is a cost involved.

Chalee

$4.20 /Kg, ~$2.10 a Pound,  for Bacon would be a Great Price in the states! No Name store brand Bacon and Sausage averages $3+, On Sale at the national chains. How big and what did you put in a $14USD Fattie?...JJ
Chef Jimmy J

1 lb JD style sausage, eggs, pepperoni, cheese, mushrooms, peppers.  The bacon and cheese are the most expensive.

Chalee

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.