How Many Mes Owners Here?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which One Do You Have?

• 40'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40' with window

• 40' 800 watt

• I like it a lot

• Where did you buy it?

• Sams Club

• Other please list where in a post

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes. The AMNPS gives very consistent smoke for 6-8 hours for me. That means I can set and forget long smoking meats (like pork butt or brisket) and not have to load chips every 45 mins.
Thanks, thats pretty cool. Do you use pellets or more of a sawdust? 

Bought mine at Cabelas on a black Friday sale. Works well and have had it for about two years now.  The element burned out about 3 or 4 months ago but getting a replacement was easy as was the actual removing and replacing.

I use the "cold smoke" attachment from Masterbuilt, gives me 5-6 hours of good TBS............I have had great luck with it......load it and forget it...

I have the Gen 2 MES 30..everyone knocks it, to me it does a great job, others may chime in and say what they use.

For me, I think the MES 30 does a remarkable job of producing consistent  cooking/smoking.

I have the 30" analog and now want the digital one with the drip pan in the bottom and the side wood entry . My current one needs to have the door opened to add wood.

I have the 30" analog and now want the digital one with the drip pan in the bottom and the side wood entry . My current one needs to have the door opened to add wood.
Hi Tom,

Do us all a favor & get the Generation #1 MES.

It will be so much easier for the experienced guys to help you get good Q, if you need any help.

The Gen #2 has too many problems. Gives me a headache even thinking about it.

Or keep the Analog, and get an AMNPS, and get perfect smoke for up to 11 straight hours, without opening the door at all.

Bear

Last edited:

Hi Tom,

Do us all a favor & get the Generation #1 MES.

It will be so much easier for the experienced guys to help you get good Q, if you need any help.

The Gen #2 has too many problems. Gives me a headache even thinking about it.

Or keep the Analog, and get an AMNPS, and get perfect smoke for up to 11 straight hours, without opening the door at all.

Bear
Or, do both and be really, REALLY happy! (i.e. gen. #1 AND an AMNPS)

Last edited:
IMHO get the 40 over the 30. I thought the 40 would be overkill but I managed to fill every square inch just for apps on 4th of July. 80 ABTs, 50 stuffed shrooms, 60 meatballs and 24 hard-cooked eggs. (300 min eggs)

IMHO get the 40 over the 30. I thought the 40 would be overkill but I managed to fill every square inch just for apps on 4th of July. 80 ABTs, 50 stuffed shrooms, 60 meatballs and 24 hard-cooked eggs. (300 min eggs)
I totally agree!!

I stopped telling people that, because I always feel as though I'm telling others to spend more money.

However I originally bought an MES 30 to save money, and ended up getting an MES 40 a year later, so I actually spent a lot more money than if I would have just gotten the MES 40 right away.

Somebody should have told me to get the MES 40 in the first place!!!

Bear

Last edited:

Tom,

Here's the Gen #1 MES 40 with window, remote control, 1200 Watts, etc, etc.

This is The Great One for $10 less than I paid 4 years ago!!!    FREE SHIPPING TOO!!

http://www.target.com/p/masterbuilt...odSlot=medium_1_2&tempterm=masterbuilt+smoker

Bear
I got mine from Target.  Saved an additional 5% and got free shipping with my "Red" card.  Only complaint was that one of the corners on the smoker box had a ding in it.  No damage to the box though.  Doesn't affect the performance though either.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky