How many briskets...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Andivory

Original poster
May 7, 2019
I'm thinking about purchasing the 18.5 version, would I be able to squeeze 2 briskets onto 1 grate? TIA

I've never tried to put two packers on one grate of my 22.5". If shopped with that in mind though, two might fit. I've seen packers that are thicker and more narrow. I tend to buy wider packers, and two of those definitely wouldn't fit on one grate.

Just pick up the 22" because almost any packer that's over 12lbs you're gonna be lucky to fit on the 18. Will you be able to fit 2 packers on one grate in a 22, unlikely, but it's a helluva lot more likely than two on the 18.

Reactions: jokensmoken
I'll say again... ONE full packer (per grate) on my 18" was a squeeze...
I've had outstanding results on the WSM 18 with ONE brisket but there is NO WAY two packers will fit on one rack...
If any of you know different PLEASE (no pun intended) tell me how ibecause I love my WSM 18 and would be thrilled beyond belief if there is a technique I've not heard of.
Walt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky