How long will cooked vac sealed brisket slices last in the deep freeze?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chasdev

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
If raw brisket will survive two or three years in the deep freeze after vac sealing, how long will cooked brisket survive after vac sealing;
I've got some pastrami slices waiting to be eaten for at least two years, still holding vacum and looking good, should I taste it?

If you put the bags in simmering water for an hour or so, the pastrami will taste just like it was just cooked. I would not recommend nuking them. If you just thaw & eat it cold it may taste a bit dry after 2 years.
Al

I agree with Al. Eating food that has been vac sealed and frozen is always safe to eat. It’s just the quality of taste and texture degrades over time.

Yes yes but the question is how LONG can it survive in the deep freeze?
Anyone gone 3 years on cooked and vac sealed beef?

Yes yes but the question is how LONG can it survive in the deep freeze?
Anyone gone 3 years on cooked and vac sealed beef?
I have although not intentionally. I found some pulled chuck buried in the freezer one day while searching for something to make my work lunches with. I thawed it out, added a little more seasoning and packed it for a couple of work lunches. Reheated in the micro and it tasted real good. Granted not as good as the day I made it, but still real good. That pouch of pulled chuck was sealed just over 4 years ago. I should have one more in a deep freeze waiting for me. Unless the wife stole it.

Chris

I have had some EOR pastrami that has been 3 years old, and I just thawed it out & it was dry. The next bag I put in the simmering water for an hour & it was wonderful! Go figure! It works!
Al

Well that's good news then!
I'll report back when we do a taste test.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky