How I clean my Masterbuilt Electric Smoker after 4 years of weekly smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoketrailsteve

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 22, 2017
Alberta, Canada
When's the last time you cleaned your Masterbuilt Electric Smoker?
Here's how I've learned to do it after 4 years of weekly smoking:
My process:
Step 1: Ensure the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker is unplugged and cool.
Step 2: Remove the racks, rack supports, drip deflector, pans and other removable pieces
Step 3: Wash removable pieces of the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker in soapy water and rinse thoroughly
Step 4: Spray interior with 50/50 water and apple cider vinegar or coke
Step 5: Scrape off hard deposits with steel wool and a BBQ scraper; use paper towels to clean interior of smoker.
Step 6: Replace removable parts of the MES and run some smoke in it for an hour to dry and re-season.
Done!
How do you guys clean it?

If you want it to look brand new get a bottle of Awesome
MES Window before
100_2748.JPG
After
100_2749.JPG
Did a wall also
100_2750.JPG
Richie

Several people in those threads I linked to above recommended "Purple Power." It is a degreaser and Walmart carries it. The second time I cleaned my MES, just two months ago, I followed that recommendation and found the cleaning was much easier and faster than it was with the solvents I used before.

Reactions: Hawging It
Several people in those threads I linked to above recommended "Purple Power." It is a degreaser and Walmart carries it. The second time I cleaned my MES, just two months ago, I followed that recommendation and found the cleaning was much easier and faster than it was with the solvents I used before.
Purple Power is great stuff. Does not stink. I use it on my Bayou Classic stick burner.

Other than the racks, water pan, and bottom tray I have never cleaned my MES. I have the Cabelas sportsman edition that doesn't have the window. I wrap the water pan and bottom tray in foil before each smoke and just peel it off and replace it after each smoke. Saves time and cleanup!

Reactions: GATOR240
Other than the racks, water pan, and bottom tray I have never cleaned my MES. I have the Cabelas sportsman edition that doesn't have the window. I wrap the water pan and bottom tray in foil before each smoke and just peel it off and replace it after each smoke. Saves time and cleanup!
I just started using tin foil. makes for much easier cleanup for sure

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky