MES 30; how clean should I be looking for?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gizzygone

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 3, 2017
MA
Hello all,

I've been playing with my new MES 30 smoker the last few days. So far I'm quite pleased! Still getting the hang of it though!

Anyways, I'm curious: how clean should I be trying to get it? I used vinegar and a scotch brite and it will take the black soot off.... but should I be trying to keep the soot?

Does it need to look brand new? Or is the goal just removing grease?

If your using clean smoke, leave the black stuff.   Its seasoning.

Every now and then I will wipe the flaky stuff off.

Hello all,

I've been playing with my new MES 30 smoker the last few days. So far I'm quite pleased! Still getting the hang of it though!

Anyways, I'm curious: how clean should I be trying to get it? I used vinegar and a scotch brite and it will take the black soot off.... but should I be trying to keep the soot?

Does it need to look brand new? Or is the goal just removing grease?
Knock off soot/flakes off of ceiling with grill brush so it doesn't fall on food. Use the brush to knock off pieces or splatters on the walls. Leave the black spray paint looking seasoning. No heavy scrapping. Shine up the two back wall sensors with a damp paper towel.
-Kurt

yeahthat.gif

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky