How high the RF plate sits from the very bottom of the tank?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

azbbqguy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Im at the point where I need to figure out just how high my rf plate is going to sit from the very bottom of the tank(cooker). I assume its about the same height as the fire box is that correct? If so how high does the fire box usually sit in relation to the bottom of the tank?  Has anyone allowed a small washer sized space between the rf plate and the top of the fire box to reduce radiant heat from the fire box creating a hot spot in the cooker?  Does anyone know if you have to licence these trailers in Arizona? When this was a welding trailer it was not licenced.  Here is some updated photos-

Thanks to all that answer--
help.gif

ad9af5f5_P3165423.jpg
aa2d50ed_P3165426.jpg

Last edited:
az-when I get home, I'll check and see what the distance is from the bottom of the tank to the bottom of the r/f plate. I'm thinking that it's 6 or 7 inches but I'll measure it to make sure. 

Hey thanks so much, I haven't had a lot of traffic on this thread, so Im greatfull for any help I can get.

az-sorry that its taken me a while to get back to you on this- the distance betwen the bottom of the chamber and the reverse flow plate is 9 inches.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky