How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Because I live near the Mississippi River (the Big Muddy).  It's also a joke, because I'm 5'9" and blond...  neither big nor muddy.

Good thread!

Deer Meat this is an awesome thread.  I will definitely be back to read all the new posts.

My name came from a fellow smoker and friend.  He likes things hot and is always adding cayenne pepper to anything.  I started to call him Cayenne kid, it fit because he likes it and he is kinda fiery red hair and all.  He then though it funny to call me Paprika.  He said " you know like paprika doesn't add much flavor but adds color and keeps it interesting"  apparently they think I like to talk, a lot.....to everyone.  So my wife calls me Pal and she added them together to come up with Paprika Pal.  The name stuck.

fishncap - the kids and i like to fish whenever we're not playing sports, and the cap comes from the rank at the volunteer fire department.

I'm an old timer, I grew up in the 50's and 60"s in landlocked Kansas.  My idea, both then and now of a fun time is a kayak or raft and a lot of swift moving water   I love to swim, learned to surf prior to moving to Kansas, I snorkel and SCUBA; and if there is a spring board anywhere near the water you would find me on that as well.  Sometime around the time I was 8 or so, someone called me a water dog and the moniker just stuck.  So to this day I am H2odog. I have used this screen name since before there was a GUI for WWW.  When EVERYTHING was command line and UNIX!

No big deal on my name Bounty Hunter is my boats name the FV is for fishing vessel, I am not a commercial fisherman but boy do I love being out on the ocean. as far a the catching part it is all good from the small to the big fiesty ones. as far as eating deep fried is ok but smoked ...well you know the answer to that.

well I am a big golfer and as the other part is basically a number that I like and it's easy for me to remember. On another note I am going to pick up my WSM 22'5 today and I was going to go ahead and order a few things I have seen online but do you have any suggestions on Fan controllers? Which ones are the best or ones to stay away from?  

Greetings Pitmasters I recently completed a smoker/grill a modified 250 gallon oil tank with air compressor tank firebox Pictures on BBQ firsts and going,I had no plans just a need to create.I thought about it and consulted the net and ran with it.I considered a catering BBQ service and needed a catchy name .A believable surname easy to remember.please look at pictures and comment ......Loenschlo 

Greetings Pitmasters I recently completed a smoker/grill a modified 250 gallon oil tank with air compressor tank firebox Pictures on MY BBQ firsts and going I considered a catering service and needed a name easy to remember .....Loenschlo BBQ  

Hello Deer,

My first name is Clayton. When I moved to Japan, the locals had trouble pronouncing it, turning it into Cretin.... I got fed up with that and abreviated it to Ton, which is Pig in Japanese. The locals think pigs are both cute, and delicious, so it's a win win.

I have a goatee beard, so I though Hogswhiskers sounded pretty appropriatel.

My name is pretty simple. I work in the hvac field, am involved in cub scouts with my boys that I have 4 of. Yes 4 boys running around.

I used to build choppers as a hobby and I'd like to say the Duke comes from the fact that I'm just like John Wayne, but in actuality I played a lot of Duke Nukem in college in the late 90s. So Chopper Duke.

Brasshead is one of the Chi-sai gang members in the Shaw Brothers kung-fu films from the 70's "Kid With the Golden Arms" One of the best films of the era and a few friends of mine all took a name from the film. There is Golden Arms, Iron Shirt, Brasshead, Silver Spear and Agent Heito.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky