Hot Hot Dogs (Hot Mustard)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Hot Hot Dogs (Hot Mustard)

Some days it’s just too much to get things together & drag it & myself out to the Grill & back a few times.
So you’re all stuck with what I got here for you.

I just got some New hot mustard, and I couldn’t wait to try it.
I have always used Kelchner’s Horseradish, and I love it.
So the other week I ran into their Web Site, and I got a few other things that they make.
So I had to try their “Hot Mustard” ASAP !!

So I thawed out an 8-pack of Berks All Beef Franks.
Then I made my usual little cuts in them, and put them in a Frying Pan.
I got them all Browned & seared a bit, and pulled them out. I hate Burnt Dogs!
For my first two Dogs, since I wasn’t sure how hot the Mustard was, I put Yellow Mustard on one side of the rolls, and Kelchner’s Hot Mustard on the other.

Note: I did that because of a jar I got years ago from my BIL that was so hot nobody could eat it. It was some kind of a “Gag Gift” that all you had to do was unscrew the lid & take a little sniff, and you couldn’t see for a few minutes, as your eyes were watering too much!!!
Then I Dropped a Dog in each roll, and I was good for one Meal.

Then the next night I put Kelchner’s Hot Mustard on both sides of each roll, because It’s just right with the heat, and nothing ridiculous.
Then I put the Dogs in, and a slice of American Cheese on top of each—And Melted the Cheese in the Nuke-Machine.

I can tell you this is the best Hot Mustard I’ve ever eaten.

Thanks for the visit, even though it's only a Frying Pan Job.

Bear

Berks All Beef Franks, Yellow Mustard, and Kelchner's Hot Mustard:
IMG_5362.jpg

I didn't know how hot this would be, so I only put the Kelchner's on one side for my first try:
IMG_5363.jpg

Got 'em started:
IMG_5364.jpg

Just about done---I don't like burnt Dogs!
IMG_5365.jpg

Bear's Supper:
IMG_5366.jpg

A closer look at the Hot Mustard:
IMG_5367.jpg

Now that I know it's a good Hot, and not a Stupid Hot, I can spread it on both sides:
IMG_5368.jpg

A Dog & a slice of cheese in each:
IMG_5369.jpg

Nuke to melt that cheese:
IMG_5370.jpg

Those look good . I like the slits . Never had the berks , don't see them where I shop . I just bought some Sahlen's all beef . Might try them tonight after seeing this .
Nice meal .

Tasty looking dogs Bear! I gotta eat hotdogs pretty much everyday this week to use the rest of them up.

I’ll have to look for that hot mustard. I buy Kelchner’s horseradish regularly...I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that mustard in the stores too.

Looks good John. Now I have a taste for HOT Dogs...

Those look good . I like the slits . Never had the berks , don't see them where I shop . I just bought some Sahlen's all beef . Might try them tonight after seeing this .
Nice meal .

Sahlen's is the only Hot Dog I eat anymore. I like the Snap of the natural casing on the ones we can get locally...JJ

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice meal .

Thank You Rich!!
Never heard of Sahlen's.
These Berks are good, but not near as good as their Quarter Pounders!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Tasty looking dogs Bear! I gotta eat hotdogs pretty much everyday this week to use the rest of them up.

I’ll have to look for that hot mustard. I buy Kelchner’s horseradish regularly...I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that mustard in the stores too.

Thank You Joe!!
Yup, the stores carry some of their stuff, but their web site will show you all of their other stuff.
Cocktail sauce, HR Sauce, Horseradish creamy sauce, a bunch of different marinades.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good Bear. Love Hot Dogs. Fried, boiled, grilled. Any way I can get them. That mustard looks good too. Haven't seen it before. The usual spicy mustard's like Gulden's, etc. are fair at best, and not that spicy. Might have to check out that site. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Frying pan or not bear, nothing like a good dog. Looks good

Thank You Jim!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice Bear, I like hot mustard.

And I like the slices in the dogs, gonna have to try that!

LIKE!

John

Thank You John!!
I usually put those little cuts in---Gives then better texture & seems like extra flavor.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thanks for the info on a new hot mustard c/w horseradish, John. Gonna have to see if I can find some of that.
Gary

Thank You Gary!!
I don't know how new it actually is, but I just found it, and I love it.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky