Hot Fast Ribs and Mac and Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome! I don't know which I like better, the ribs or the mac & cheese :-)
I've been doing ribs on the kettle, which wants to run 300+. for a couple of years and we like them better than from the offset.
I've only made baked mac & cheese a couple of times because the Mrs. says I use too much cheese. Is that possible?

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Very nice David. It seems that ribs get put on the back burner around the holidays for us, I need to change that.

Thanks Charles for the like and the comment

I know what you mean, with all the turkey and ham floating around.
I just wanted some ribs and was in a bit of a hurry because of the late start yesterday

was great

David

Looks great. I normally do ribs at 275, will have to try hotter next time

Thanks Tom for the like and the comment

I normally do them 3-2-1 at about 225 - 250, but thought , cut down time ,bump up heat . and keep an eye on them while in the yard working

All turned out great

David

Awesome! I don't know which I like better, the ribs or the mac & cheese :-)
I've been doing ribs on the kettle, which wants to run 300+. for a couple of years and we like them better than from the offset.
I've only made baked mac & cheese a couple of times because the Mrs. says I use too much cheese. Is that possible?

Thanks Dan for the like and the comment

Oh my god......too much cheese Divorce that woman..... :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: Just kidding. We must keep them around that will put up with our shenanigan's

The ribs were great ... But the Mac and Cheese was great , and nice thick cheese sauce and heavy crispy stringy Mozza

David

Looks perfect! Amazing “quick” meal! I gotta try the hot and fast ribs, very inspiring!

Thanks Jed for the like and the comment

This for me was a do out of a timing thing , as I got behind and kind of forgot how late it really was ( until told what the time was , and supper SHOULD be at a normal time )

But I digress , it worked out great and I will do this again ( without being told to hurry up . lol )

David

Hot Fast Ribs and Mac and Cheese
I know more ribs lol

This time I was rushed doing things I was told to get ready around the house for Christmas Day when most of wife's family is coming for supper ( that I'm cooking ) ,

Sorry back to todays supper, Ribs cut in half to fit better in the smoker using Mesquite chunks
Temp at 325 deg. for 1 hour , ribs just salt and pepper
next 2 hours 340/350 deg.
Wrapped in foil with brown sugar and soya sauce
Unwrapped but still in foil for 10 minutes to thicken the sauce/glaze

Made from scratch Mac and Cheese, had the noodles left over already cooked from a salad the other day
mixed a package of cheese and milk with some Lawry's seasoning sautéed onions and celery.
Mix all together.
In oiled dish added Panko crumbs to the bottom put the noodle mixture in dish , another thin layer
of crumbs than lots of Mozza. bake in oven at 350 deg, hi broil for 4 minutes to brown cheese

I have never done my ribs at high and fast , they came out great , will do this way again

David

View attachment 519648 View attachment 519649 View attachment 519650
View attachment 519651 View attachment 519652 View attachment 519653
View attachment 519654 View attachment 519656
View attachment 519655

Guick meal while doing my Honey do list

Thanks for looking

David

Merry Christmas Everyone
Looks incredible!

So supper should be at a normal time...does that mean when you're done with work and it gets dark? So this time of year about 6 and in warmer months 9 pm or so? :emoji_laughing: Ssshhhh, don't tell your wife, I wanna stay on her good side! I guess thats just the farm life lol.

Ryan

• Haha
I guess thats just the farm life lol.

Ha ha , when my Grandad had the dairy farm I stayed with him every summer when I was a kid, I loved it. But he was in the barn by 5am and at night to bed by 7 pm.

:emoji_laughing: Ssshhhh, don't tell your wife, I wanna stay on her good side!
I am telling my wife as that will take some heat off of me

Sorry man , some times you had to protect yourself. Ha ha

Hope you had a great Christmas

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky