Hot Fast Ribs and Mac and Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Hot Fast Ribs and Mac and Cheese
I know more ribs lol

This time I was rushed doing things I was told to get ready around the house for Christmas Day when most of wife's family is coming for supper ( that I'm cooking ) ,

Sorry back to todays supper, Ribs cut in half to fit better in the smoker using Mesquite chunks
Temp at 325 deg. for 1 hour , ribs just salt and pepper
next 2 hours 340/350 deg.
Wrapped in foil with brown sugar and soya sauce
Unwrapped but still in foil for 10 minutes to thicken the sauce/glaze

Made from scratch Mac and Cheese, had the noodles left over already cooked from a salad the other day
mixed a package of cheese and milk with some Lawry's seasoning sautéed onions and celery.
Mix all together.
In oiled dish added Panko crumbs to the bottom put the noodle mixture in dish , another thin layer
of crumbs than lots of Mozza. bake in oven at 350 deg, hi broil for 4 minutes to brown cheese

I have never done my ribs at high and fast , they came out great , will do this way again

David

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG
4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG
7.JPG DSC_3703.JPG
8.JPG

Guick meal while doing my Honey do list

Thanks for looking

David

Merry Christmas Everyone

Looks good! We do our ribs hot and fast now almost always, with no wrap. That mac n cheese looks great!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks good! We do our ribs hot and fast now almost always, with no wrap. That mac n cheese looks great!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

I will be doing them this way again, I wrapped because Mona love any Soya sauce based meat the best , so the foil kept it soaking that way
The Mac and Ch. was really good for just items I had already, and with a package of McCormick's cheese pack and some milk

Nice meal

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky