Hot Dogs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Yes it finally came off the never ending list :D

Picked up 2 pounds 80/20 beef 1/2 pound pork fat
Had things ready for the grind back in fridge
100_6628.JPG
Kitchen Aid small plate
100_6627.JPG
Ground
100_6629.JPG
No pic of the mix or the stuffing
100_6631.JPG
Finish in the water bath to an IT 155*F
100_6649.JPG
Had to taste test one
100_6661.JPG
This was in sheep casing had some blow outs
used collagen casing for half
Thanks for watching
Richie

Nice job looks tasty, were you able to get a really nice fine grind like an emulsion?
What did you think able the taste and texture?
I like you try, if you'll give up your secret recipe?

The texture looks great Richie, How was the flavor and are ya sharing the recipe? :)

Nice job looks tasty, were you able to get a really nice fine grind like an emulsion?
What did you think able the taste and texture?
I like you try, if you'll give up your secret recipe?
It tasted good texture was great,I think the water bath may have drawn some of the salt out.
Recipe is out of Rytek Kutas copy write, sorry
Richie

I used my food processor after grinding meat an fat.

Reactions: DanMcG
The texture looks great Richie, How was the flavor and are ya sharing the recipe? :)
It tasted good texture was great,I think the water bath may have drawn some of the salt out.
Recipe is out of Rytek Kutas copy write, sorry
Richie

They look great!
I may have to break some of mine out now and eat them this weekend lol

Looks great. I haven't tried dogs yet. I need to

Them wieners look good Richie! Which do you prefer the collagen or the sheep casings even though you had some blowouts?

Those look great Richie! I need to make home made hot dogs because most contain benzoates or derivatives thereof which I'm really allergic to.

Them wieners look good Richie! Which do you prefer the collagen or the sheep casings even though you had some blowouts?

I think the collagen may be better they just have a better feel,will eat some for lunch tomorrow.The blow outs may have been from how fast the stuff went in,or my casings are to old.
Richie

Those look great Richie! I need to make home made hot dogs because most contain benzoates or derivatives thereof which I'm really allergic to.
Pete thanks if you make them you will be happy,this was my first and I like the taste Thanks for the like I appreciate it
Richie

Now you got me in the mood to make some hot dogs :D. I'm out :mad:

Nice job on the hot dogs Richie.... I'll take one please

bun.jpg

Boykjo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky