horseradish Sause Recipe Needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

erie

Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I would like a pure Horseradish Sauce Recipe that does not turn brown after a few weeks in vinegar. Do you use Apple Vinegar or do you use White Vinegar?

The stiff that you get in the store is not what I am looking for.

To have very good Horseradish it has to clear your senses out.

Erie, evening.... For really hot HR, grind the fresh roots as needed.... a little water, no vinegar.... don't get any hotter than that....  It won't keep though....  vinegar kills the heat but keeps it white and makes it storable for many months.....Dave

Erie, evening.... For really hot HR, grind the fresh roots as needed.... a little water, no vinegar.... don't get any hotter than that....  It won't keep though....  vinegar kills the heat but keeps it white and makes it storable for many months.....Dave
Dave You are forgetting my question I am asking : What vinegar are you using Apple Cider Vinegar or White Vinegar?

Dave  Will that White Vinegar take the heat away if stored for 6 months?  Once I make it I don't want to make it in a month again.

Love the stiff.

I have only made my own fresh horseradish a few times but I use white vinegar and it seems to keep just fine.  I had some glass jars for it.  Hard to find decent horseradish roots to grind the store down here had one that actually turned to gel and they "produce" guy said no that was fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky