Horse jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bandingo664

Original poster
Apr 12, 2020
Denmark
Does anyone here have experience with making horse meat jerky in a dehydrator? Also spice/marinade recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Rune, Denmark

Does anyone here have experience with making horse meat jerky in a dehydrator? Also spice/marinade recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Rune, Denmark
Hi there and welcome!

I have no experience with it but I have made beef jerky and venison jerky (very beef like) and I assume horse jerky will work the same.
I don't know what the meat taste like so I can't steer in you in any specific directions for that meat but I would think you can use a general run of the mil beef jerky spice/marinade and that should work fine... the problem is finding a good one that is simple and people stand behind to use as the internet is full of a lot of bad recipes.

I'm sure something on this forum would be easy to find and use :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky