Honey Jerk Babybacks With Smoked Mac & Cheese Qview heavy! NOW WITH MAC&HEESE RECIPE!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Les, I somehow missed this thread the first time through, I just saw it tonight. Man those are some awesome looking baby back ribs, look fit for a king! The Mac and Cheese looks super good, I have got your recipe down all ready will have to try that before long, have you ever tried the Mac and Cheese with bacon bits in it, (not the store bought but home made).  My Mom makes her famous 5 Cheese Mac and Cheese and she uses about 1 1/2 cups of bacon bits for a pan about the size of yours and everyone loves it.  She is famous for two things, her home made jelly and preserves, and her 5 Cheese Mac and Cheese, try it some time. Keep up the good work Les and may all your smokes be wonderful!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Oh man Les those ribs and macaronni & cheese looks fabulous. It's a beautiful day out today here. The only thing missing is a plate of that right out on the picnic table. And maybe a few napkins. 
icon_lol.gif

OK OK here is our mac& cheese recipe..LOL

3 CUPS MACARONI

3 TBL. BUTTER

3 TBL. AP FLOUR

2 1/2 CUPS MILK

2 1/2 CUPS HEAVY CREAM

3 CUPS SHREADED CHEESE,,ANY CHEESE YA WANT

SALT TO TASTE

PEPPER TO TASTE

ONION POWDER TO TASTE

GARLIC POWDER TO TASTE

IN SAUCE PAN BRING TO BOIL WATER AND COOK MACARONI FOR 3 MINS.  DRAIN PASTA AND PUT IN MED. FOIL PAN

IN SAUCE PAN ON MED. HEAT MELT BUTTER AND STIR IN FLOUR AND SPICES.

ADD MILK AND CREAM HEAT UNTILL THICKENS,STIRRING OCCASIONALLY TO KEEP FROM STCKING

ADD SHREADED CHEESE,STIR UNTILL MELTED

MIX CHEESE SAUCE TO MACARONI IN FOIL PAN.

FOR INCREASED BATCH SIZE ADD

TO EVERY 1 CUP OF MACARONI:

1 TBL. BUTTER

1 TBL. AP FLOUR

1 1/2 CUPS MILK OR CREAM

1 CUP CHEESE

TO SMOKE :

PLACE MIXED MACARONI  IN FOILPAN INTO SMOKER.

RUN SMOKER AS NORMAL TEMPS BETWEEN 225-250

STIR EVERY 45-60MINS.

TAKE A TASTE WHILE STIRRING TO CHECK FOR NOODLE DONENESS AND SMOKE FLAVOR

COOK UNTILL MACARONI IS TENDER AND CHEESE SAUCE IS THICKENED. ABOUT 2-3 HOURS

I ALWAYS CHECK THE TASTE FOR THE SMOKE, IT IS VERY EASY TO OVER SMOKE MAC&CHEESE

USE ANY TYPE WOOD YOU WANT MOST WORK WELL

ENJOY!!!!---LES
Sounds like a winner.

I will be trying this one soon.

Thanks!

TW

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky