homemade wood smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
great idea i will smoke these babies within a hour or so of perfection, and then instead of putting a glaze with barbecue sauce on the grill, ill use a mix that i have in a little flour and corn starch and drop em for a yet to be determined time , maybe two to three minutes or so.. hmmmmm... ill get back to you soon :idea: :idea: :idea:

hey guys and gals i had a real nice smoke -fry last friday, the ribs were smoked for about four hours at abiut 200 degrees then taken out lightly basted with bbq sauce and floured and dropped into a 300 degree fryer for about three minutes, the cryst it produced was great, and the ribs were still very ten der. i think this method still needs a little work. but its a nice a;ternative to meat always falling off the bone. sometimes a little chew is nice. pics to fo;;ow i hope gato
7f5cfc44_vbattach10869.jpg

Hey 'Cat, you just might be onto something with that smoke/fry. What "tweaking" might you be doing on this experiment?

BTW- Nice pics.

Very interesting.......................I think I'll try this weekend. I'm afraid you really started something here. Thanks for the great pics and posts.

hey dutch im thinking that i will wrap the ribs for a hour or so before i bast them, and also as you sugested use different types of seasonings with the flour, also tweak the time in the fryer. three minutes was plenty,wildcat

Great work on keeping up with this idea, I think you really got something new here. Awesome. I have some left over ribs from my last smoke. You can guess where they're going! I think this method will be great for reheating leftovers as well.

yo,
since they talked about smoking then
deep [cajun] fry turkey last year.

it was only a matter of time....

once again [on this forum] i will learn things from
other peoples thoughts and hard woirk.

go cat go

hey larry i dudnt hear about the smoked turkey and then fry thing as im new to this site. but im in hog heaven now that iknow about smf

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky