Homemade Soup .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The skim is acidy right?
I would think so . It can be stirred in , but I always thought of it as " impurities " . Unwanted fats , oils and acids . Cleans it up . If I do a broth based soup The foam doesn't happen .

Reactions: motocrash
Chop holy smokes! That looks awesome and the grilled cheese with it... Just perfection all around!

Reactions: chopsaw
Soup looks and sounds good Rich. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

Chop holy smokes! That looks awesome and the grilled cheese with it... Just perfection all around!
Just got done with round 2 . I'm stuffed . Thanks for the comments bud .
Soup looks and sounds good Rich. Nicely done
Chris , this ones from my childhood . Cheap way to feed four kids .
Thanks for looking .

Bookmarked for next week! Dang that looks incredible! Outstanding meal, perfect for the weather! I’m loving all these soup posts! Points for sure!

Oh yeah.It was like having a tropical storm in December and now its a whopping 8 degrees outside with a nice stiff wind.
I know . It's crazy . I've spent my time in the cold , but I'm just not used to it anymore . Can't go from 60 to negative 2 .

OK, I made a slightly different version of chopsaw chopsaw 's soup last night and it was amazing. I think it had a lot to do with using the tomato sauce, and cooking said sauce a bit before adding other ingredients. I didn't add any meat, and the vegetables were just a crummy bag of mixed veggies that were sitting around. I did throw in some Italian Seasoning herbs and a can of chopped tomatoes. It was one of the most flavorful soups I have ever made, so thank you Chop, got anymore good soup recipes you want to share?

It was one of the most flavorful soups I have ever made, so thank you Chop, got anymore good soup recipes you want to share?
Sounds great Lynn . Nothing wrong with a frozen veg mix . Key is to cook it out and get back to " the taste " of the simmered sauce . Use that as a base , and the sky is the limit .

My other soup recipes are 8 cups of water and a bag of Bear Creek soup mix .
I will do chicken with spaetzle dumplings .

1672350849785.jpeg

Sounds great Lynn . Nothing wrong with a frozen veg mix . Key is to cook it out and get back to " the taste " of the simmered sauce . Use that as a base , and the sky is the limit .

My other soup recipes are 8 cups of water and a bag of Bear Creek soup mix .
I will do chicken with spaetzle dumplings .

View attachment 652816
Looks pretty good from here. and I am shopping tomorrow and will look for the Bear Creek line. This is definitely soup season.

We like the cheddar broccoli , creamy potato and the wild rice . They have chicken and vegetable beef too . Not to keen on the chili .
The wild rice, tortilla, gumbo, and navy bean are on my radar, guess it just depends on what's actually at the store. Those are fairly gluten free; I have an intolerance to gluten, so I try to keep it to a minimum. Thanks for the ideas.

I'd say grilled cheese is the perfect sandwich for that soup. But instead of spicy pepperoni in the sandwich, I'd maybe put some jalapeno in the soup?

Sorry Chop, had a response all typed up the other other day and forgot to hit send, late to the party but soup gets better as it sits, so I’ll gladly take bowl.

The bowl of soup and grilled cheese is all day winter comfort food for me!

Reactions: chopsaw and Steve H
Sorry Chop, had a response all typed up the other other day and forgot to hit send, late to the party but soup gets better as it sits, so I’ll gladly take bowl.

The bowl of soup and grilled cheese is all day winter comfort food for me!
I do it all the time . Daughter got me a new laptop for Christmas with windows 11 . Trying to get used to that . She says I make things last to long . Lol .

I always get the soup out the next day and put it back on the stove . Great in the winter time .
Thanks for looking bud .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky