• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jerry55

Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
IMG_20171128_104024091.jpg IMG_20171101_095656828.jpg IMG_20171128_104011719.jpg Made a smoker from a fridge. It is gas and has hardy board insulation. Extra large water pan. I did alot of research before i did it. Man it works soooo good. The meat so evenly cooked and the smoke flavor is awesome never to much ans just right!!! It will hold temperature so good and the space is out of this world. I have a smaller propane smoke I converted to gas but this one is far far better! The fridge was free and was not to pricey to build. If anyone wants info about where to get parts and how to info pleaselet me know. hope I do this right.

Last edited:
I like it!
All of my prior smokers were home grown.
Now I'm running a MES 30 that I highly modified to smoke my way.
(My way is ambient (cold), to 275°, which is MES spec.)
But this MES is the most sophisticated controls I've ever bothered with.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky