Homemade Hog Pellet Cooker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

golfpro2301

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
So I have been thinking for the last few days about making a whole hog pellet cooker. I recently got back from Myron's school and I must say his smokers are the best I have seen. I would like to get the 60" version but dont have the $6000 right now to spend. Then I started thinking about building my own. I like his design with the water pan and would keep it with two large slide out shelves. One thing I need to figure out is the pellet assembly. What would make it great if you could have a hopper like I have on my Memphis Pro. It has dual sections for different flavored pellets. They drop down a chute into the burn pot. This prevents burn back. I would like to have two hoppers mounted to the back of the cooker with two burn pots inside directly under a water pan. Everything would need to be ran off a single computer. Would this be possible to create? would you be able to get the temperature up high enough on such a large cooker if you had two burn pots?

I am sure it can be done. However I am not the one to tell you how
sorry.gif
. Maybe this will give it a little bump.

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky