Home Owners Says Wood Pile Has To Go !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
Can you believe that crap... We changed Homeowners Insurance for a lower rate... House Inspection had a few minor issues Some water shut off valves corroded and in the breaker panel I had two wires into a one breaker... Came into compliance on that stuff... Then they sent another inspector to check outside and surronding areas...

I need to install a hand rail on a 4 step deck... AND THEN ...

My wood pile on the ground (old,dead,rotton, Pecan from a harvest)... ''IT HAS TO GO'' they say... It's a tripping hazard...

Everythings just getting of hand... Not that I'm looking forward to ''the end''... But will be glad I don't have to put up with all the BS when it happens ... Totally Ridiculous ...

These two piles they are whining about are A LOT smaller now after finishing splitting and then sorting and stacking...

IMG_1624.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: GaryHibbert
Dang. So the splitting and stacking the wood will be ok then?

My wood pile on the ground (old,dead,rotton, Pecan from a harvest)... ''IT HAS TO GO'' they say... It's a tripping hazard...
So how much foot traffic does that area actually see? I'd guess it to be about zero.

We have a finished basement with a full kitchen, bathroom and 2 bedrooms. As the kids got older they started wanting to move down there so I unhooked the stove because I don't trust kids or need them cooking down there. Fast forward a few years I switched insurance and they came to inspect. I had a patch of unpainted drywall in the bathroom where I replaced some shower pipes and never got around to repainting. I'm talking a 2x4 sized area. They made me paint that and told me the stove had to go. I was like it's not plugged in and since it's a basement I'm just storing it there. Literally had to move it out to pass inspection.......my basement even has a separate address from my house as it used to be a mother in law quarters......pissed me off big-time

Jake I'm surprised they didn't want a seperate policy since it has it's own address ...

Last edited by a moderator:
There actually is an Ignore button... That way you won't even see his post... If that's what you want to do... We just need both of y'all to keep posting your cooks and sharing your wisdom... As I said.. BOTH of y'all are to valuable to lose...

Yes it has a separate carport and everything. That's how it was when we bought the house address wise. Also have 2 hot water heaters and 2 breaker panels lol

Well I get a bomb rate through USAA so I won't complain but it was a minor hassle that I certainly didn't understand lol. Just pointing out you never know what they will ask you to do

Something to be said about having an insurance agent who has a farm in the same community as I do.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Something to be said about having an insurance agent who has a farm in the same community as I do.
Not saying that I, or anyone else out here have anything in violation of their policies, but he can exercise a little discretion since he has to live out here among the farmers he insures. (I'd venture that most of us are insured by his office.)

Last edited:
Can you believe that crap... We changed Homeowners Insurance for a lower rate... House Inspection had a few minor issues
... and in the breaker panel I had two wires into a one breaker...
Yes I can believe the crap. Good friend back home is an Agent, and he shakes his head at the ... stupidity.
What brand of load center do you have, Keith.
2 wires into a single pole breaker are completely allowed by NEC unless a certain brand or style of breaker does not allow this.
Do you have local electrical code?

BTW, nice back yard. Been looking for a house and I need some room for a shed or wood pile. These places where you can have a meal with the neighbor and not leave your own house is too close for me.

Anyway I guess I wasn't clear it's the same address but listed as apt B
I'll bet your insurance doesn't allow a duplex rental?

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky