Picanhapalooza: Two Great Meals (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am doing ribs, chicken and a tri tip Sunday. Walmart these. Might pic on up and throw on too

Well, that is a nice haul of beef! Just curious, how big of a freezer do you have?

Dave

With the price of things these days stretching things out and getting variety is a huge thing in our house.
I agree!! It's also always fun trying to figure out something interesting and creative to do with the "leftovers".
That second plate is pure money to me!
Thanks. That second meal sure seems to be the more popular of the two.

Robert

I just rubbed a brisket up with you beef rub.
Lemme know what you think about the rub. It tends to cook down and make a nice bark on brisket so you won't get the full effects of the flavors, but it is still really good. Try it on a steak or roast that doesn't have to cook for 20 hours, but is cooked to med rare.

Robert

yeah, well I am not that famous.
You are in my book. The other one has just been around longer. We can talk....honestly.
Like you said in another reply, this and the tritip do not take kindly to anything over rare.
You are correct!! Med rare is ok but certainly nothing beyond that.

Robert

I am doing ribs, chicken and a tri tip Sunday. Walmart these. Might pic on up and throw on too
The Picanha is a great cut of meat. Somewhat similar to tri tip. Cannot wait to see the feast you're planning to cook up.

Robert

Dang Robert! That's a lot of meat! And the dinners look delicious my friend!
Thanks buddy. I appreciate it. The only real drawback to ordering the stuff wholesale is the quantity I have to get. Outside of that, it's a hard gig to beat having access to it.

Robert

Well, that is a nice haul of beef! Just curious, how big of a freezer do you have?
Being able to order wholesale from CPB has some huge benefits but the only negative is that I can't get just one small roast or a couple steaks. I have to order in quantity. I actually have 5 freezers, one of which is a huge upright out in the garage where the bulk of the big stuff like this is kept.

Robert

• Wow
Reactions: Flatrate
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky