• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Home made smoker $100

tbakko

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 3, 2010
I have a chance to buy a smoke for $100, it looks cool but is it worth it. I want to start smoking different kinds of meat & fish & I plan on doing a far amount if I like it as much as I think I will, so would like recommendations on diff kinds of smokers. I am totally new at this so any help will be greatly appreciated

michael ark

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 11, 2011
jump on it before someone else dose.To build that would cost more than that in parts. much less blood sweat and tears in fab work.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 30, 2007
Should be worth the price, but make sure the metal is not rusted through or thin and weak. I would look at adding a heat baffle or deflector plate, it definitely has a hot spot in the center of the grill. Also looks to have room for an upper rack if you wanted to add on.

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 31, 2010
cool looking smoker.. I think it's worth it just check it all over and make sure there is no burnt out parts and go from there.. Happy smoking

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 28, 2010
I agree, if it's solid, add a deflector plate and get it while the gettins good. SCORE!!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
A nice coat of paint & you could sell it for $200.

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Offer him 70 bucks, and go from there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.