home made Italian sausage for pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use quite a few of TSM mixes & they do need a little help. I usually just use 1/3 more than they call for & tweak it from there. Their hot breakfast sausage is very good, but once again it’s doesn’t have the heat we are looking for so I just add 1/3 more of the mix & we just love it.
Al

Reactions: Steve H
I do the same as Al with TSM spices. I've become to think of their blends as a base blend to build off of. Not slamming them. Just my preference. Everybody has different tastes. Your recipe sounds quite good.

I sometimes think that there is something missing in the Italian mixes too -- The homemade versions get so much closer. Try this -- if what you find is close, and it only has Fennel seed, try taking that amount as 1/2 fennel, and 1/2 ANISE seed. This was the trick for me and my family. Hope this helps. R

Reactions: zwiller and PPG1
Good hack Polka Polka I am new to italian sausage but I bet there could things like this at play. That said, I mentioned freshness already but I no longer buy spices (even whole) from the store. I order online and have been MUCH happier with my results. I have not bought this but look at the reviews and see all the folks talking how much better it is over stuff from the store. I look at it this way, most sausages can be purchased relatively inexpensive so if I am making it I want to be the best that it can.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky