Hoe do you do fast and hot ribs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lennyluminum

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
ST. Petersburg, FL
I've always smoked my ribs at 225 until done. But tonight I want to do them faster so im shooting for 275.

At this temp how would you go about telling when they are done?

275 for 4 hours and start testing...JJ

i wrap after 2-3  hours  when i like the  colour,after i wrap  usually at the 3 1/2 hour mark.  i pick the rack up in the middle and see how it bends.  if  it has no give in it  still needs to  go more, usually  i find at the 3:45 3:50 mark  they are pretty much done  enough the rack has a nice flex in it.  then i let them rest for 35 min  still foiled up and they are good to go when i cook at the 275 280 range. at the 3:50 mark ill usually open up the foil and give the bones a tug if they have a nice play in them and a nice gentle flex in the rack  i know they are ready 

Last edited:
I put them around 6pm and the IT right now is 147. And the smoker is at 278. I'm shooting for around 190 IT.

You think 190 is to high?

I put them around 6pm and the IT right now is 147. And the smoker is at 278. I'm shooting for around 190 IT.

You think 190 is to high?
idk  never gone by internal temp i go by feel of the rack to determine doneness  190 area  is what you wanna shoot for  according to the books  

Hot and fast ribs= rotisserie if you ask me. If you can spin some sometime.Thumbs Up

Ribs are done they took just over 5 hrs at 275. I'd like to bring the time down to around 4 hrs. I'm thinking maybe taking it up to 300 next time.

I smoked the trimmings from the spare ribs along with the ribs. After about 3 hrs I took them off and put them in a foil pan with apple juice and sealed it up with foil and back in the smoker they went.

I pulled everything going off at the same time and shredded all the trimmings and got rid of the cartridge. Gonna use this for beans.

Sorry no money shots of the ribs cut, these are for Saturday dinner at my hunting camp. I just wrapped them all up in foil for now.

When I run my smoker at 270-280, ribs usually take about 4 hours.

Sometimes I foil them at 3 hours, and sometimes I just let them go on the grate.

I shoot for 195 IT.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky