Hocks finished 11/14/18

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Found some decent looking Hocks today!
Used Pops low salt brine I like how it taste.
100_7733.JPG

Pretty good amount of meat
100_7734.JPG

Into that liquid gold for 2 weeks or more.
100_7736.JPG

Be back in 2 weeks
Richie

Reactions: chopsaw
Those are nice . Don't see them around here anymore .

Rich I have only 1 store in my area that carries them like this.2 weeks ago they were out of them so I grabbed 3 packs.
Richie
Thanks for the Like

Ok my feet are up on the hasock and I waiting for this one.

Chris

Finally 17 days of curing 1 day drying
100_7805.JPG

Pre heated the MES 40 to 100°F
Put Hocks in to dry for 30 minutes before adding smoke,yes you can see thru the glass LOL
100_7811.JPG

Lit the AMNPS with a mix of Alder & Cob I only let this burn 3 minutes
before putting it in the mailbox
100_7810.JPG

6 & 1/2 hrs of smoke at 150°F temp was ramped up 15 degrees every hour
100_7812.JPG

Close up
100_7814.JPG

These have to go in the freezer tomorrow morning heading to Mass.
Thanks for watching
Richie

Man those look great Ritchie! I need a batch of beans with some of those in it now. Oooh… maybe collard greens instead!

Looks really good Richie, may have to substitute a couple of those for the salt pork I use for beans and chowder.

Chris

Richie those look great... I finally had my first pork hocks the wife did up in a dish with sauerkraut. Wow I am hooked. I will be eating these often now I can see. Points for those delicious looking pieces.

Man those look great Ritchie! I need a batch of beans with some of those in it now. Oooh… maybe collard greens instead!

Erik Thank you got home from Mass. a little late yesterday,I have never had collard greens an have no idea how to make that dish.Making some bean soup today,thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks really good Richie, may have to substitute a couple of those for the salt pork I use for beans and chowder.

Chris

Chris Thank you I will see how they taste later in the soup.
Richie

Gorgeous hocks.... great looking smoke.... I'm jealous...
Sorry for the late reply got home from Mass. a little late yesterday
Dave Thanks I can hardly wait to use that dust I made.Thanks for doing the leg work an trying to make it.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Awesome a lot of possibilities to use those for.

Warren
Sorry for the late reply got home from Mass. a little late yesterday
Warren Thanks I seem to be stuck on beans mostly Lima but today I have to use a red bean.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky