Hocks finished 11/14/18

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Richie those look great... I finally had my first pork hocks the wife did up in a dish with sauerkraut. Wow I am hooked. I will be eating these often now I can see. Points for those delicious looking pieces.
Sorry for the late reply got home from Mass. a little late yesterday
Charlie Please do tell more sauerkraut! I just started a jar of home made Sauerkraut for the first time.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Richie, Awesome looking hocks,you have limitless possibilities for cooks with those babies. Like

CM Thanks I put 1 in the pot when I made the bean soup taste great.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it.
Richie

Sorry for the late reply got home from Mass. a little late yesterday
Charlie Please do tell more sauerkraut! I just started a jar of home made Sauerkraut for the first time.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie
Richie, I talked to the wife about the dish she did up for me. Quite simple, she learned that one from her dad who came to Canada in the early fifties. I told her about your smoked hocks and she just said that would make that dish even better lol. From the person that says I can't eat smoked food all the time...
Season hocks with salt, pepper and garlic. ( Smoke if you like) ( I like lol ) put in a bowl a good European style sauerkraut ( or yours of choice, They ised to make their own.) season it with as much garlic as you want and Caraway seeds. Combine the two and slow cook until the meat begins to fall off. ( I can't see why this can't be done in the smoker). Serve over Spaetzle noodles. Let me know if you try it. I think I am going to do it when I get home and maybe in the smoker...

Richie, I talked to the wife about the dish she did up for me. Quite simple, she learned that one from her dad who came to Canada in the early fifties. I told her about your smoked hocks and she just said that would make that dish even better lol. From the person that says I can't eat smoked food all the time...
Season hocks with salt, pepper and garlic. ( Smoke if you like) ( I like lol ) put in a bowl a good European style sauerkraut ( or yours of choice, They ised to make their own.) season it with as much garlic as you want and Caraway seeds. Combine the two and slow cook until the meat begins to fall off. ( I can't see why this can't be done in the smoker). Serve over Spaetzle noodles. Let me know if you try it. I think I am going to do it when I get home and maybe in the smoker...
Charlie thanks sounds good to me,I wouldn't put the kraut in the smoker I think it would get over powered.I just made my first jar of Sauerkraut.
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky