higher risk for heart attack ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
never thought I'd like any type of seafood, but so far (early into my tryouts I call em) I found out that I frikkin LOVE Salmon and Yellow Fin Tuna is also quite delicious.....I look forward to trying other seafood now =] lol
I'm with ya, never really cared for fish myself then I started grilling salmon with some bourbon glaze. Give Mahi a try, it's not fishy at all. I season with plain old SPOG and it's great

Wife and I rarely eat red meat or pork. Mainly a fish family since we fish a lot. We don't smoke ciggies and have decided to reduce the amount of wine we use to consume. Walking 4-5 miles, 5 days a week.

This coming Tues is my annual doctor visit and watch him tell me I need cut back...........on what?
With me being 70, watch my doctor find something to complain about.........

Cut back on fishing??? He better not !!
You all are eating all them "large mouth salmon" LMAO!

i have to see the heart Doc 1 week from today so i will see what the doc says about how i'm doing

thats the hard part about being retired , finding ways to get enough exercise , walking is boring and with my other health problems i''m kinda limited as to getting enough

i have been smoking ciggerrettes for over 50 years , i don't think i'll be quiting anytime soon , i told my doc that the two things i refused to give up was my black coffee and cigs , i quit drinking 35 years ago stopped chasing woman when i met my wife so just shut up about my cigs and coffee

I had my 1st heart attack at 50. I was active, not much family history of heart disease that couldn't be linked to diet and lifestyle, fairly fit, certainly not overweight but I had been a smoker and I ain't talking "of meats"!! I'm talking a pack of Camel non-filtered every day for a little more than 25 years. I had quit but I had put it off too long. That along with a mostly meat and 'taters diet, a fair amount of stress, and repeated warnings about borderline high blood pressure and high cholesterol from my doctor finally got me. Moderation in most things and NO SMOKING of tobacco or other drugs is my best advice.

my heart atack happened 3 years ago when i was 62 ( be 66 next month ) the day of the heart attack i was outside working on my riding mower and started having bad chest pains but didn't let it stop me from working , about 6 that evening the wife called the EMTs to come check on me and i still refused to go to the hospital , i went to bed that night and at 3 a.m i woke up, sat straight up in bed and fell across my wife ....i came to in the back of the amblance 1/2 way to the hospital . they put a stent in a few hours later

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Payton
Would suggest you look up Dr. Ken Berrys stuff on youtube. I have dropped 30 pounds since Jan 2022 and feel much better. The real issue for most people is the inflammation that comes from sugars and carbs that turn into sugars. He calls it the proper human diet.

Reactions: mcokevin
When I joined this site and I knew going in that my waistline was in for trouble and I was correct on that but I like to think that if you stay active you can still get away with some indulging and after all we all know how good life is when were HAPPY .

Go vegan 50% of the time now or 100% of the time later.... or risk open heart surgery and medical bills forever ... or a fatal heart attack. I'll take door #1 thank you very much.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky