High Heat Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Been a while since bought any ribs. They been to high. Bought some of these portions for $2.50. They are fairly thin. Thought would try a few sections with the high heat method from Jim Lampe. Full chimney on one side of kettle with pecan wood. Ribs indirect for one hour. Usually runs about 400. Wrapped in foil with parkay, honey and brown sugar meat side down and return to grill indirect for one hour. Normally flip at 30 but forgot. Tossed over coals to burn membrane off. Turned out pretty good. Not to compare with long smoke ribs but for 2 hours and something different, also kinda of a fun cook. The thicker ribs do better. That roasted squash was off the charts good. If you have not done it you need to. I use that Fishers seasoning on them which is local.

If you search "Jim Lampe 400ºF Baby Back Ribs" you will see some of his post on these.

20211218_145954.jpg 20211218_162702.jpg 20211218_153904.jpg 20211218_172939.jpg 20211218_173554.jpg

20211218_174535.jpg

Ribs look good Brian, nice plate , will have to try the squash grilled

David
It is roasted. Just coat with olive oil, season than roast in 400 oven. I use toaster oven. Can search roasted squash. Can be hard to cut. Heard can nuke few minutes to soften but I just power through it. Rocking the knife works good.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
It is roasted. Just coat with olive oil, season than roast in 400 oven. I use toaster oven. Can search roasted squash. Can be hard to cut. Heard can nuke few minutes to soften but I just power through it. Rocking the knife works good.

Ya sorry I read roasted but said grilled, and if it tastes good I always power through it lol, and than back for seconds

Thanks Brian

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky