Hickory bacon wrapped, venison & cream cheese jalapeño poppers.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
Came home from deer camp just in time to prep a little meal and grill it before tonight’s game. Took the fresh tenderloins from a deer I took this weekend, and marinated it for a while in Moore’s original marinade.
92834BA3-D498-4B04-B310-B71C708D0514.jpeg

Then I took a slab of hickory smoked bacon and made 24 paper thin slices. After that I cut some jalapeños in 3rds, length-wise, and de-seeded.
213EF508-A029-4B2A-8896-F89DB0A8B716.jpeg

I froze my cream cheese for about 45 minutes, so it would stay firm, then I wrapped a slice of cheese, tenderloin & jalapeño with one strip of bacon. Only running one toothpick through each one, trying to pierce bacon, pepper and meat. The trick is exposing as little toothpick as possible so that when cooking, you can rotate all the way around.

7BBCBDF4-75A4-43E3-9656-79DBD7CD3F45.jpeg
This is how they looked before grilling. Sorry I didn’t get any pics on the grill but it was dark.

BA213817-D74C-42A3-9A33-2E829CE1F765.jpeg
I use this weber delicate foods surface when grilling things that are wrapped in bacon. It really helps a lot.

70629C7A-3057-4D4E-9B99-7F134AC30B81.jpeg
The tenderloin was so tender, the bacon was thin enough that it didn’t take too long to cook. These were a hit, and gone before the second quarter!

Wow Saint!
I don't have any venison, but I'd sure like to try this!
Do you think I could sub in some pork loin? (Super lean)
I doubt they would make it past the first quarter at my house.
(But then, we are watching the World Series... sort of.)

Reactions: 73saint
Nicely done.
Thanks Scott!
Looking good!
Thanks Chile!
Wow Saint!
I don't have any venison, but I'd sure like to try this!
Do you think I could sub in some pork loin? (Super lean)
I doubt they would make it past the first quarter at my house.
(But then, we are watching the World Series... sort of.)
Thanks Sonny, yeah we were watching the World Series too, and I think pork would work just fine. Or filet.

Looks really good saint.

Point for sure.
Chris
Thanks Chris!

Those things look awesome!
Nice job!
Al
Thank you Al!

Reactions: SonnyE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky