Hibachi Night on the Blackstone Griddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
No stovetop no problem night 3: Hibachi night. Seared Ahi tuna with a sesame tamari aioli , Simple salad with a tahini sesame dressing, Teriyaki Chicken stir fry, Garlic Ginger Shrimp stir fry and keto fried miracle rice. All sugar free and keto approved.
Rice is Miracle Rice (konjac root based) bacon, green onion, bell peppers, eggs, tamari and sesame oil.

Chicken was marinated in a sugar free teriyaki 1 cup of tamari (you can use soy) , 2 cups water, 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 4 tsp dark sesame oil, 2/3 - 1 cup of Golden Lakanto or Swerve Brown, 2 tbsp fresh minced ginger and 4 cloves garlic minced.

Shrimp was more of a garlic ginger marinade 1/2 cup tamari, 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 4 tbsp EVOO, 2 tbsp brown sugar sub (Golden lakanto or Swerve Brown) 2 tsp hot chili sesame oil, 6 cloves of minced garlic and 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger.

Appetizer is going to be sesame seared ahi tuna so made a simple aioli out of Dukes mayo, garlic, tamari and sesame oil.

Cut up a bunch of broccoli , onions, green onions, mushrooms, peppers , baby bok choy and some bacon.
getting ready.jpg

Of we go starting by precooking a lot of the veggies

veggies cooking.jpg

veggies cooking more.jpg

With most of the veggies cooked moving on to the fried "rice". Starting off with some diced up bacon for flavor.
bacon cooking.jpg

Added a ton of green onions and some bell pepper to the bacon. Threw the konjac root "rice' on with some sesame oil.
rice cooking.jpg

Hit the "rice" with some sesame oil and tamari then you have to have some eggs for fried rice.

fried rice adding eggs.jpg

Fried "rice" all done.
fried rice 2.jpg

Time to get the chicken and shrimp on the grill. I will do then and then last when its time to pull it all together Ill sear the tuna in pure sesame.

chicken cooking.jpg

shrimp cooking.jpg

After each was ready I mixed in the precooked veggies to heat them back up and finish things off.
finished shrimp.jpg

finished chicken 2.jpg

Salad was pretty simple, just some lettuce, tomato, radish and bean sprouts with a tahini sesame dressing.
salad.jpg

Seared Ahi tuna with some tuxedo sesame seeds plated up with some of the tamari sesame aioli and some pickled ginger.

ahi plated 2.jpg

Here is the main course plated up. Forgot to mention the baby bok choy. I cooked it in butter and garlic , a little salt and pepper and a lot of garlic. Put a little red pepper flake on it too. Pretty tasty.
plated1.jpg

That's another wrap. Was super tasty and we have a LOT of leftovers from this for the week. thanks for looking!!

A wonderful piece of work, kind of makes me get over my rice hatred, I'd love to eat that! Like, RAY

Reactions: jcam222
Jeff, yet another beautiful, stunning, stellar meal my friend. Simply breathtaking...as usual. I'm telling ya, no need to replace the broken stove. Just set the griddle in the spot where the stove used to be and save the money to buy more food for more of these meals. I am impressed buddy!! :emoji_wink:

WOW!!
Robert

Wow Jeff!!
That's some Awesome Stuff there!!----> Like.
I picture myself grabbing that Dish with the whole mixture in it, and running with it in my right arm, while my left arm is straight in front, ready to straight-arm anybody getting in my way to the goal line!!
BTW: Bear Jr used to make me some Awesome Ahi Tuna, just like that, because I don't have anything here that gets hot enough, unless I use my charcoal lighting chimney.

Bear

• Haha
Gosh that looks good, but I could have just ate the tuna.
I just love that stuff, cooked rare, can’t beat it. Honestly I‘d rather eat a well cooked tuna steak than a ribeye! But it has to be done perfectly like yours!!!
Al

Awesome looking meal! The taste had to be out of this world with all those flavors. I bet you drive your neighbors nuts when you're out cooking. And your plating never ceases to amaze!

Ryan

Wow. Looks like a 5 star meal to me! This going on the list. I could eat low carb everyday like this!
I know this is an old thread but it is in a new forum. Brian for low carb fried rice I use riced cauliflower instead of actual rice would work great with the above recipe, every time we order in Chinese or Thai food I do this.

Also thanks for the tips on using fresh pineapple juice to tenderize steak, worked out great this past weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky