Hi

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by daron, Jul 5, 2008.

1. daron

daron Newbie

Hello, my name is Daron and I am from Baton Rouge, La. I recently got involved (addicted) to smoking meat. By recently, I mean about a month ago. I bought a Brinkmann electric smoker and ended up taking it back before I even used it because it really looked like poor quality. I bought the Brinkmann box charcoal smoker instead. The square one that Home Depot sells with an upper and lower door. Used it about 5 times in the last month and yesterday the spot welds for the door handle broke. So I returned it and I am in the market for another smoker. Anyway, that is my introduction and I'll find a more appropriate place to post my questions about smokers.

Daron

2. dingle

dingle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to "The Forum" Daron. Lots of good info here and the family grows on a daily basis. No stupid questions and someone here will always have an answer for ya! Good luck on your new smoker search

3. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hia Daron Welcome to SMF...dang bad luck on the smokers so far. The Charcoal ECB is cheap as heck and no moving parts to speak of... might be the way to go to get going!

4. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome to SMF-my lady is cajun and her welds holding up so far-hope u get the kinks worked out.

5. bhille42

bhille42 Meat Mopper

Welcome to the forum. good luck with your next smoker!

6. dirtman775

dirtman775 Smoking Fanatic

nj
    Ya what he said, I myself have been smokin for about 3 months, i have a chargriller smokin pro, excelent piece of equip "jmho" give it a try. good luck.

7. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Daron, welcome to the SMF. Sorry to hear about your smoker prob. All will iron itself out in time. Enjoy reading the different forums.

8. Stick with it. The result are worth all of the inital frustrations.

9. vince

vince StickBurners SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF!

I'm in Denham Springs,

Good luck on getting a smoker that don't give you all the problems, I am using a brinkmann smoke N Pit, Love it so far,

10. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

11. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF family.

12. kratzx4

kratzx4 Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to SMF, hang in there grasshopper I know that you will soon have a smoker and will be on you way to being a true smoke addict.

13. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Daron. Sorry to hear about the bad luck so far.