• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hi there.

pepper man

Joined Mar 29, 2011
My name is Jason and i'm in altomonte springs florida near orlando.I install windows for a job at the moment but am starting a small nursery growing rare hot peppers as well as my own line of hot sauces. I have been cooking most of my life but haven't worked in a restaraunt for about 8 years because it took the joy out of it. I am a long time kettle style weber user and just started smoking a few months ago. I got an old brinkman sportsman upright smoker. I made some modifications to improve the air flow and it is doing good about staying up to temp. So far everything I have smoked has turned out good and I am steadily improving. I would like to get a bigger smoker for doing larger quantities of meat because I host cookouts at my house constantly. Thank you all for welcoming me to your community and I have learned quite a bit about smoking from this site. Looking forward to a long summer of outdoor cooking.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Welcome Pepperman - Looking forward to seeing your cookout posts - we live for qview

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Welcome to SMF Jason. You should try to get to the N. FL Gathering next weekend. Lots of fun will be had by all.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Pepperman, Welcome. Enjoy the long smokey ride. Dave

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Welcome to SMF Jason.....glad to have you aboard

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 31, 2010
Welcome to SMF its nice to have ya.. Have fun and happy smoking

jacobtia

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 24, 2011
Welcome aboard my friend! Lots of good people and advise on here so enjoy! Glad to have you!

fife

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 14, 2011
Jason welcome and good to see ya here lots of good stuff here. ENJOY

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview. I'm a pepperhead myself, good luck to your venture.

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
  Glad to have you join us!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.