Hi from a rookie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Got it today. I hate instructions badly translated from Chinese:) Anyway, I have 4 probes, one is obviously for the smoker temp. And I see the ‘clips’ probably to hold it in place. Does it make any difference where I ‘aim’ the probe inside the smoker? Top/bottom/front/back?
Planning first ‘real’ smoke for Saturday. I have a tri-tip and sirloin roast on stand-by :)
First couple times I used all four just to see the heat distribution in the smoker. Obviously you'll need to have a probe in your meat. Good luck and welcome to smf.

First couple times I used all four just to see the heat distribution in the smoker. Obviously you'll need to have a probe in your meat. Good luck and welcome to smf.
Thanks. so I have a pork butt just under 4lbs. I'm thinking one probe in the center, and another for 'oven' temp to be sure I keep that close. According to Jeff's eCourse, I want to smoke at a steady 240. I'm sure it won't just stay at 240, but fluctuate, which makes sense. The oven probe should be at grate level? How much of a temp swing is still okay? Do I need to calibrate the Inkbird like I did the one that came with the Traeger? And for those with a Traeger, should I use Super Smoke and if so for how long?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky