• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hi friends, noob here!

RNMike

SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 9, 2018
Hi friends,
RNMike here, yes I’m an RN, Pediatric Intensive Care Flight Nurse to be specific. I’m pretty new to smoking and I just got my Rec Tec RT 700 Bull. Best part is that it was a gift from my father-in-law. A TOTAL surprise! Anyway, I’m in SoCal getting all the smoke I can handle from the fires, but ready to start things up with my new toy. Please excuse any dumb questions I may ask, like I said...noob here to learn!
P. S. That’s our pet pig Penelope, no you can’t eat her!

oldsmokerdude

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2018
Welcome, Mike

You'll find lots of information here and there's no better group of folks willing to help and kibitz anywhere on the web. No such thing as a dumb question. That said, the search function works great and you can find conversations about almost anything you can think of.

That’s our pet pig Penelope, no you can’t eat her!
Glad you're in CA cuz that's a mighty nice looking pork shoulder!! Seriously though, Penelope isn't going to have nightmares or anything watching her cousins go into the cooker?

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Welcome dumb question? the only dumb question is the one you have failed to ask. Lot of great guys and gals on here with tons of info just ask.

Warren

Smoke23

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 15, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined!
That’s a pretty awesome gift ya got from your father in law!!
Don’t forget to invite the in laws over for dinner that was cooked on Rec Tec.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 30, 2018
Yo Mike, nice to have you here. I'm out in Riverside getting plenty of smoke too. Have fun with your new smoker and there are no dumb questions. It's all good. We have somebody that can answer any question you might have about smoking.

George

RNMike

SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 9, 2018
Hey thanks friends! As far as Penelope goes, she doesn’t seem to mind at all. I’ve cooked numerous whole pigs in my La Caja China. If she gets pissed, she never says anything to me:), she just goes inside & climbs in her bed (yep, she’s an indoor pig). She does like a piece of bacon now & then, but who doesn’t.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Glad to have you join the group!
Al

SmokinLogs

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 5, 2017
Welcome to SMF from Indiana! Your father in law gives awesome gifts. Make sure to smoke him anything he wants lol. Be careful, smoking is addictive! Glad to have you aboard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks