Hi friends, noob here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RNMike

Original poster
Aug 9, 2018
Hi friends,
RNMike here, yes I’m an RN, Pediatric Intensive Care Flight Nurse to be specific. I’m pretty new to smoking and I just got my Rec Tec RT 700 Bull. Best part is that it was a gift from my father-in-law. A TOTAL surprise! Anyway, I’m in SoCal getting all the smoke I can handle from the fires, but ready to start things up with my new toy. Please excuse any dumb questions I may ask, like I said...noob here to learn!
P. S. That’s our pet pig Penelope, no you can’t eat her!

Welcome, Mike

You'll find lots of information here and there's no better group of folks willing to help and kibitz anywhere on the web. No such thing as a dumb question. That said, the search function works great and you can find conversations about almost anything you can think of.

That’s our pet pig Penelope, no you can’t eat her!

Glad you're in CA cuz that's a mighty nice looking pork shoulder!! Seriously though, Penelope isn't going to have nightmares or anything watching her cousins go into the cooker?

Welcome dumb question? the only dumb question is the one you have failed to ask. Lot of great guys and gals on here with tons of info just ask.

Warren

Welcome and glad you joined!
That’s a pretty awesome gift ya got from your father in law!!
Don’t forget to invite the in laws over for dinner that was cooked on Rec Tec.

Yo Mike, nice to have you here. I'm out in Riverside getting plenty of smoke too. Have fun with your new smoker and there are no dumb questions. It's all good. We have somebody that can answer any question you might have about smoking.

George

Hey thanks friends! As far as Penelope goes, she doesn’t seem to mind at all. I’ve cooked numerous whole pigs in my La Caja China. If she gets pissed, she never says anything to me:), she just goes inside & climbs in her bed (yep, she’s an indoor pig). She does like a piece of bacon now & then, but who doesn’t.

Hi and welcome to the club.

Chris

Welcome to SMF from Indiana! Your father in law gives awesome gifts. Make sure to smoke him anything he wants lol. Be careful, smoking is addictive! Glad to have you aboard.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky