Hi All!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

supervette

Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
My name is Kerry I'm from northern Illinois (Illinois Wisconsin border) been playing around smoking for at least 10 yrs. Started way back when with a little chief smoker, jerky, chops simple things like that. After my boys where born and I built a new house on a big piece of property I started having b-day parties and the grills and the smokers became the center piece. Once I purchased a "char broil" I was off to the races. Funny to see I had made a lot of the same mods to the "char broil" myself before finding this site, I guess great minds really do think alike. I haven't done much in the way of briskets over the years, mainly chicken, sausage and of course ribs. I could cook ribs every weekend, if my family would eat them. I'm still trying to perfect them, oh don't get me wrong everyone says they are great, but I'm my own worst critic and have a long way to go. If only I could run away for the summer and learn from the big boys, going from competition to competition. It's really cool to see all the different smokers the people on here smoke with. I tend to get caught up in liking to have the biggest or best, and really some of the best ribs I've ever made came off my little 18" weber. Maybe its my OCD kicking in or the fact that the snow has melted, but I'm ready to head out there and smoke. I've already found some great tips on here and looking forward to finding more.

Welcome Kerry to SMF and were glad to have you aboard. Join in and share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite.

The Qveiw

welcome1.gif

Joe

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF. There are a lot of very friendly & knowledgeable folks here to help you. I urge you to sign up for the free E-course. It will give you the basics, & even if you are an experienced smoker you may learn something new. Then start asking questions. Good luck & glad to have you aboard. Don't forget we all love Qview!    

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky