Hey Justin, I said it would be soon...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Look familiar yankee2bbq yankee2bbq Justin?
20230418_130836[1].jpg

I didn't have Navy Beans, so Great Northern it is...soaking now for in the morning...

One of the ham bones left from Easter, it has a lot of meat left on it. Homemade chicken stock from a small, local meat market that makes their own chicken salad. The manager is a good friend and he gives me all I want. He freezes it in quart containers, but it is seasoned so I have to be careful. The rest is stuff I already had on hand. Into the crock pot in the morning.

More to come...

Good thing you're gonna be gone for part of the day... the aroma is gonna be awesome!

Ryan
The house smelled great when I got home, Ryan.

Here it is, the final product...
20230419_161537[1].jpg

20230419_173726[1].jpg

I couldn't wait on the cornbread...:emoji_grinning: The flavor was everything I expected and some, simply fantastic and so easy to make. Thank you Justin!

This was more on the soup side because I used 2 quarts of chicken broth instead of 1. I did this because I dropped the 2 containers and cracked them when I was getting one out of the freezer, just in a hurry I guess. Note to self...be more careful next time and you know what that means...there will be a next time...:emoji_wink:

The house smelled great when I got home, Ryan.

Here it is, the final product...
View attachment 663298

View attachment 663299
I couldn't wait on the cornbread...:emoji_grinning: The flavor was everything I expected and some, simply fantastic and so easy to make. Thank you Justin!

This was more on the soup side because I used 2 quarts of chicken broth instead of 1. I did this because I dropped the 2 containers and cracked them when I was getting one out of the freezer, just in a hurry I guess. Note to self...be more careful next time and you know what that means...there will be a next time...:emoji_wink:
More crackers! Lol

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I would eat that without hesitation.

Now onto your avatar pic. I laugh at myself every time when I first see it I picture a long black haired woman. It is so small on the main page it is hard to tell. Then I see it's a doggo with a ball in it's mouth and I crack myself up. A doggo is way better anyway.

I would eat that without hesitation.

Now onto your avatar pic. I laugh at myself every time when I first see it I picture a long black haired woman. It is so small on the main page it is hard to tell. Then I see it's a doggo with a ball in it's mouth and I crack myself up. A doggo is way better anyway.
Thank you, Chris. That's Lucy, Lucille when she's bad, in my avatar. She's my "girl dog", my "pest", my "sooner", and a bunch of other nicknames I call her. She will pester me to play ball and will chase it as long as I throw it. She loves to jump up and catch it in the air. Here's the same pic...
20220113_091944[1].jpg

She has all 4 feet firmly planted on my heart...

Thank you, Chris. That's Lucy, Lucille when she's bad, in my avatar. She's my "girl dog", my "pest", my "sooner", and a bunch of other nicknames I call her. She will pester me to play ball and will chase it as long as I throw it. She loves to jump up and catch it in the air. Here's the same pic...
View attachment 663316
She has all 4 feet firmly planted on my heart...
She is a very pretty girl. I understand the constant fetching game, my boy plays it well. You will always wear out before Baloo does.

2023_04_20_fetch.jpg

Lucy is a cutie.
Now onto those beans......Got me to craving some. Got the crockpot going now only with pintos and some of the pork loin i cooked over the weekend. Hoping Lesa has the cornbread ready when I get home!!!

Jim

I understand the constant fetching game, my boy plays it well. You will always wear out before Baloo does.
Our son has a Golden and he's the exact same way. He's 10 now and is slowing down whereas Lucy is 3 and wide open. She's half Springer Spaniel so the jumping in the air is built in to her DNA, hence the name Springer. Ray, sawhorseray sawhorseray , knows...:emoji_wink:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky