Hey Guys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jpaps

Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
My name is Jared and I live right outside of New Orleans. I have been a part of this site for a while now. Been in the background stealing y'all recipes and ideas for years ha. I have been smoking on a Browning Double Wide Propane Smoker for a few years. It has started to crap out on me and I'm looking to make a purchase in the next couple of weeks. I have been reading and reading all the negative and positive stuff on the different smokers. I originally thought I would go the traditional route with an Old County Pecos SFB. The issue I came across after reading the threads is that it takes a lot of time and energy to get them just right and you have to babysit them while they cook. Well the problem with that is that I am already babysitting. My wife and I recently had our first baby boy a few weeks ago. My weekends will now be much different than before and I don't know if I will have the time to dedicate to a stick burner that you need. My next thought would be to go the electric route and man are there some crazy reviews on these things. I think I have found the one that most have given the better reviews but I wanted to double check and make sure I was getting the right one. Academy has the Masterbuilt 40 Inch 20070311 for $199 for Black Friday......link below 

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mas...ctric-smoker-with-window#repChildCatid=638908

Is this the Generation 1 or the dreaded Generation 2 or 2.5 I keep reading about. I hope it's the right one because if so that's a steal. 

I also read up about the Amazen Pellet smoker to add to MES and I think I read that the 5x8 AMNPS fits perfectly in there. Any help you guys give me on this stuff would be appreciated. Like I said, I think the electric smoker with the AMNPS will give me just enough ease of use to keep me smoking until my little man is a little more self sufficient ha. Thanks for the recipes and help throughout the years. 

Jared 

Covington, La 

Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

Plenty of MES guys on here to help you with your questions.

Al

Welcome to the forum Jared!  That looks like a good deal no matter what model.  I am not familiar with the different generations.  I thought MES's were pretty much the same.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky