hey guys little help here please......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you spend about 10 minutes reading recent posts and do a search for turkey, you'll come up with all the help you need.

For me, simple is best as I like a nice browned whole bird for Thanksgiving. So I brine for 24 hours, sprinkle with salt and dry uncovered in the bottom of the fridge for 24 hours.Then stuff the cavity with fruit and sprigs of fresh herbs, brush with melted butter and then smoke at 325˚-350˚ until the IT of the breast is 165˚ and the thigh is around 175˚. For a 14-15 lb bird that's around 4-4.5 hours in my smoker. I like fruit woods for turkey. I've tried hickory, apple and cherry, and cherry seemed the best.

Here's a direct link to the Poultry forum: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/102/poultry  

As mentioned above, it has exploded with turkey-topics over the past few weeks. No searching required. lol :)

The wife and I bought 2 the other night, ourselves, one to take to the in-laws for Thanksgiving, and one for here at the house. Then the 'laws called last night and asked if I could cook 2 so that there would be leftovers...so now I'm cooking 3 14 lb birds. (Kroger has their Private Selction turkeys at $.59/lb right now. Probably all their other associated brand stores like Fry's, etc.)

Good luck with yours!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky