Hey from Colorado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lostirishfan

Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Hello all,

Just getting to the q-thing but cant wait, is it weird that thinking about firing up the q for the first time keeps me up at night with ancitipation? Looking at building my first UDS for smoking a turkey for the big day in a couple of weeks. If anyone in Denver area knows where i can get supplies for cheap (I'm a pastor so dont have much coin) let me know please. Also one question I already have is how much charcol to I use and how do I add more if needed? Thanks for all the help ya'll have already given me without even knowing it and I look forward to some good eatin'!

Jordan

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Jordan to SMF. Well I'm in Fla so I can't help you out with your supplies.  You'll like it here for there are a lot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are a lot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. I would recommandthat you sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

Welcome! I too am on the east coast so I can't help you with supplies. I'm sure it won't be long before someone rolls in here and lends a hand! Enjoy your new hobby!

Padre,

Welcome to SMF,

Check out the uds builds on the site and ask questions .

I own a mes so i can't be of much help.

Welcome to SMF Jordan, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Hi Jordan!

I live in SE Georgia now so I cannot help you w/ supplies either.  I went to high school in Woodland Park, though.  It has been a while and while I don't miss the unending cold weather, there are many summer days here I wish I was in Colorado again. 

You will do well with the UDS.  My sausage smoker is a version of that.  As already mentioned, if you are only slightly handy w/ tools, you can build one on the weekend and have real BBQ for "Dinner on the Grounds" on the Lord's Day.

Welcome aboard!

Hello all,

Just getting to the q-thing but cant wait, is it weird that thinking about firing up the q for the first time keeps me up at night with ancitipation? Looking at building my first UDS for smoking a turkey for the big day in a couple of weeks. If anyone in Denver area knows where i can get supplies for cheap (I'm a pastor so dont have much coin) let me know please. Also one question I already have is how much charcol to I use and how do I add more if needed? Thanks for all the help ya'll have already given me without even knowing it and I look forward to some good eatin'!

Jordan
Welcome from another CO member...

What kind of supplies are you looking for? For general cooking stuff, there's a restaurant supply store at 6th & 225... they have some great stuff at good prices. If you're looking for Q specific stuff, my favorite place right now is Ruff's BBQ shop in Golden. They have a great selection of spices and a huge variety of woods to smoke with.  

Best of luck to you, this is a great site to delve into your new addiction.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky