Hey come on , New England smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Go ahead and make a batch they are so good you'll be glad you did

Oh yeah! Hey if you live in New England you love the pats , right?
yahoo.gif
sausage.gif
I love that logo too, been a Pats fan since 1963
icon_biggrin.gif

I love that logo too, been a Pats fan since 1963
icon_biggrin.gif
I have to confess to being a transplanted buckeye. I still keep an eye on the Reds, Bengals, UC and Ohio State football. I have been in NE since the mid 1980's and I must confess that it didn't take long for me to become a fan of NE Sports! 

After 9/11 I decided there was no better team to support than the Patriots and after the 2001 season I put my name on the list for season tickets, as did about 50,000 other people. I am really looking forward to getting to some games this year without having to scrounge for tickets. 

I have to tell you it took me a bit to get used to the flyin' Elvis. 

End of September the good old Moose season starts. I always think about the beginning of the end of Summer when Octoberfest and Pumpkinhead begin to hit the shelves.

I made the table following some plans from thenakedwhiz, a big green egg and charcoal expert. I put a second concrete paver in because I wasn't happy with the clearance, it wasn't in the plan but it's OK. The BGE folks specify the diameter of the cutout. I priced other types of wood which were really expensive, so the base is PT stained and polyurethaned and the top is cedar with poly. It looks like it was planned but I walked through Walmart and saw that grill gazebo, it's great.  I actually have two German Shepherds, one wasn't in the pic. They'd like to have some BBQ, but they don't get any!View media item 244410

i smoked the scallops for supper , first shook them in a bag of dry rub , put them on skewers and dry smoked them for about a hour with a piece of cherry. They turned out great. I'm guessing around 275-300 degrees on my brinkman el cheapo. Also threw on some italian turkey sausage for the wife who doesn't like scallops.

Thanks. My Irish father-In-Law told me that he'd never seen an Italian without a cement mixer, so I guess it's genetic!!!

i smoked the scallops for supper , first shook them in a bag of dry rub , put them on skewers and dry smoked them for about a hour with a piece of cherry. They turned out great. I'm guessing around 275-300 degrees on my brinkman el cheapo. Also threw on some italian turkey sausage for the wife who doesn't like scallops.
I like that "I'm guessing around..." statement, temperature should always be a range to shoot for, not an absolute value that must be maintained at all costs.

BTW where abouts are you in Maine?

I have to confess to being a transplanted buckeye. I still keep an eye on the Reds, Bengals, UC and Ohio State football. I have been in NE since the mid 1980's and I must confess that it didn't take long for me to become a fan of NE Sports! 

After 9/11 I decided there was no better team to support than the Patriots and after the 2001 season I put my name on the list for season tickets, as did about 50,000 other people. I am really looking forward to getting to some games this year without having to scrounge for tickets. 

I have to tell you it took me a bit to get used to the flyin' Elvis. 

I love the old school "pat patriot" logo ! I have this sicker in the back window of my pickup !

Love the Pats, but odd enough, hate the Red Sox!

I went to the first Monday Night Football game in Foxboro, Cosell, Dandy Don, Frank, 1981. My college roommate's Dad gave us 5 tickets 50 yard line, half way up the bleachers (metal).

The printed price on each ticket,  $12.50.......

The game stopped a million times for TV commercials, but I had binoculars and concentrated on the cheerleaders.

Just joined up, good to be here fellas! I'm cooking in Southie, most Saturdays you can find me right out on Dorchester St running a Brinkmann ECB next to my Chevy pickup. Always on the lookout for new recipes and techniques. To say I am chomping at the bit to smoke meats and watch the Pats would be a dramatic understatement. Add in a few cold ones and some good company, man now we're talking. Nothing beats autumn in New England, it can't get here fast enough.

So Bobank, how did those birds turn out?   BTW, my brother-in-law owns a small house/cottage on Nutting Lake (and a house in Billerica). One time on National Public Radio somebody called in from Billerica and they pronounced it like it rhymed with America.....

So Bobank, how did those birds turn out?   BTW, my brother-in-law owns a small house/cottage on Nutting Lake (and a house in Billerica). One time on National Public Radio somebody called in from Billerica and they pronounced it like it rhymed with America.....
The birds came out really good. I think I needed a little higher heat to make the skin a little more crunchy, but they were good enough for me! I didn't do the beans after all, as I want to do them up right and I just didn't have the time to prepare them. (or the freezer space to store the leftovers). I made a meatloaf instead. (inspired by BDSKelley's post from last week)

birds o' spinning                                        birds o' cooling 

meatloaf in the pan ready to go on the ECB      Hot off the grill after 15 min rest and sliced. Not bad smoke penetration.

And I could barely stop myself from eating like 5 sandwiches! I do mine on pumpernickel rye and mayo. And boy were they good! 

I can see the lake pretty nice from my front porch for the the three leaf-less seasons. I have been here since 1989 and I like the area, and the commute to Somerville, where I work is pretty easy from here most days compared to crawling along 93. 

My family in Ohio butcher the name terribly. Most of them come out with something  like Billy-Reeca

Last edited:
Just joined up, good to be here fellas! I'm cooking in Southie, most Saturdays you can find me right out on Dorchester St running a Brinkmann ECB next to my Chevy pickup. Always on the lookout for new recipes and techniques. To say I am chomping at the bit to smoke meats and watch the Pats would be a dramatic understatement. Add in a few cold ones and some good company, man now we're talking. Nothing beats autumn in New England, it can't get here fast enough.
Welcome Steve! You gotta post a pic of the ECB smoken up Dot Ave. LOL. We also have a group for ECB owners were we talk about the mods made etc. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky