• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Heritage bacon

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Wow!!
That is some good looking bacon!
Nicely done!
Al

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like zzerru it is greatly appreciated.

Warren

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
That's some of the best bacon I've seen . Nice work and write up .

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Great looking bacon! You said you never had truly bad bacon, and I agree. I’m not sure I want to know how great it can be, I eat to much already.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Looks great! Wish I could find a source for heritage pork belly around here. I can't afford, nor do I have the freezer room, for whole or half hogs.

zzerru

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 14, 2007
Looks great! Wish I could find a source for heritage pork belly around here. I can't afford, nor do I have the freezer room, for whole or half hogs.
Have you checked the local farmers market? Even if they don’t sell it there, there farmers usually all know each other and know who has what.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Have you checked the local farmers market? Even if they don’t sell it there, there farmers usually all know each other and know who has what.
I have. But I thought $15 lb. for pork belly was a little steep.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Beautiful bacon! You are lucky to have a source of great bellies. Also, kudos to the sous chef! Big Like!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.