Here We Go Again Charles!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke , try to keep up. This process never ends, labor of love.

IMG_1911.jpeg

In for the ride. . .
Almost glad they don't have bellies around here, I'm afraid I would be hooked also 😆. Nephews girlfriend's parents own a locker plant about 30 miles away so I could get.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Thank you John, but you Sir are no padawan!
I do appreciate you following along though, and enjoy our back and forth on spice and curing. You are a sharp cookie. Glad you are on board, and always appreciate your input.
I need the humbled emoji response. Appreciate the kind words.
Won't be back north until May, but itching to cure another belly "my way" as in low salt. Hot smoke by then will be my only option.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
In for the ride. . .
Almost glad they don't have bellies around here, I'm afraid I would be hooked also 😆. Nephews girlfriend's parents own a locker plant about 30 miles away so I could get.
Ask the meat guys at Hugo's for a belly worth curing. They are sometimes very accommodating and may cut you a deal with a full belly versus slicing for side pork.
I have to drive a long way to find a locker (meaning kill facility) in Minnesota. Costco is closer.

Reactions: Winterrider
I need the humbled emoji response. Appreciate the kind words.
Won't be back north until May, but itching to cure another belly "my way" as in low salt. Hot smoke by then will be my only option.
I’ll be following along for sure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky